So, in the last post I covered the general parts of my goal, the big pictures. Here I will post the intervals, the stops along the way, the smaller goals that will get me to the bigger goal.
1) Write for two hours a day (at least). I’m not going to have a word goal here, because while I have a rough goal of 1,000 words a day, I do a lot of my writing in longhand, in composition books. So it’s hard to get word counts without wasting valuable time!
2) Days 1-20 will be used for getting down story ideas, putting things together, really getting the character motivations down, making sure I REALLY know what this story is about and that everything is pointing to that end. (I will be writing scenes throughout this time, as well, but more random, not in a linear way)
3) The next three weeks will be spent writing the first act.
4) Four weeks will be spent writing act two.
5) There will be a bit more than a week to write act three.
Since my novel is historical, there is obviously a lot of research involved. I’ve done a lot of it already, but of course there are some minutae of daily life, etc., that I want to be sure to get right. What I”m going to do is for this draft, get the story down, make notes wherever there are things I need to check out or look into further, and then do that research when the draft is done.